No effort has been spared in these challenging times. Launched today, the platform The 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans, with 59 machines on the provisional entry list, will undoubtedly go down in history given the unusual conditions arising from the worldwide pandemic.
The ACO has implemented a stringent Covid-19 protocol to ensure that this major international event can go ahead.
The hot topics covered in the Press Kit include:
- Editorials from Pierre Fillon and Jean Todt
- The stakes involved – and there are many – including the final Le Mans appearance of the Toyota TS050 Hybrid
- New for 2020: Hyperpole
- Regulations and support races
- People who have made – or are about to make – an impact on Le Mans: Carlos Tavares, CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board of Groupe PSA, who will be this year’s official starter, Emanuele Pirro, Grand Marshal, and Amato Ferrari, recipient of the Spirit of Le Mans trophy. Michele Mouton, president of FIA’s Women in Motorsport Commission, discusses the two all-female driver line-ups entered in 2020.
- The history and future of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, marking some significant anniversaries: Porsche’s maiden victory in 1970, the first and only victory achieved by a local driver/manufacturer, Rondeau, and Audi’s first Le Mans success. The 24 Hours Museum is also hosting a special series of exhibitions.
- How to keep track of all the action, wherever you are.